Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chocolate No-Bake Cookies


I really love chocolate...alot.  More than I should.  So on a whim tonight I whipped up these cookies.  My mom used to make them when I was a kid, but hers had coconut in them I think.  She used to leave about a cup or so in the pan after she scooped them out and eat it.  That way, it didn't really count as eating 5 cookies, it was just licking the pan.  I'm on to you mom...:)

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups granulted sugar
1 Tbsp Karo syrup
1/2 cup milk
1/8 tsp salt (pinch)
3 Tbsp unsweeted cocoa powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cups quick cooking oats


I bought some really interesting cocoa powder recently and I've been itching to use it.  This seemed like a really good use.  Anyway, on with the recipe.



Combine butter, sugar, Karo syrup, milk, cocoa powder and salt in a heavy sauce pan and bring to boil.



Bring to complete boil and set the timer for 1 minute.  


After boiling for 1 minute remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oatmeal. 

I make my own vanilla with vodka and vanilla beans...yumm!



Stir ingredients until combined and thickened.



Scoop onto parchment paper or aluminum foil and allow to cool.  Enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment