Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peanut Butter M&M Blondies

I whipped these up for the kids today...well, and for me too.

This recipe is adapted from Tasty Kitchen.


Melt butter and add to brown sugar. Cream until well combined.

Add peanut butter and eggs and mix well.

The egg on the left is from one of my chickens and the egg on the right is store bought eggs. When the chickens have been out roaming in my yard the yolks are even darker. They taste so much better than store bought eggs.

You're probably wondering why I have store bought eggs if I have my own chickens. Well, my chickens are 3 years old and have been a little slow in the egg making business lately. We just got 11 new chicks this year and they will start producing in about a month, so this is just temporary. I hate having to buy eggs from the store.

Add vanilla...Did I ever mention I make my own vanilla. If you look closely you will see tiny vanilla veans in the vanilla in the lid. I love those. I will post on how I made vanilla soon.

Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix until just combined. The recipe says to sift together these ingredients and you can do that. I don't sift stuff unless I'm making a cake. I'm just lazy like that.

Dump mixture into a greased pan and even out by pressing into the corners with spatula. Sprinkle on the M&M's and gently press into mixture. You can use whatever kind of M&M's you have on hand. These are dark chocolate as my milk chocolate M&M's are currently being used as a potty training bribe.
Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden. Don't overbake. I think mine took about 22 minutes. Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter M&M Blondies

• ½ cup Unsalted Butter
• 2 cups Light Brown Sugar
• ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
• 2-½ cups All-purpose Flour
• 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
• ¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
• ½ teaspoons Salt
• 2 whole Large Eggs
• 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
• 1 cup Peanut Butter M&M or regular M&M’s

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan and set aside.
Melt butter in a sauce pan or microwave. Cream melted butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until well combined. Add peanut butter, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.

Dump mixture into greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread out mixture with the back of a spatula or your hands. Evening distribute M&M’s on top and press down lightly.

Bake for 18-22 minutes until lightly golden on top. Don’t overbake. Cool completely before cutting into squares.










No comments:

Post a Comment